Terms & Conditions - Farm Animals - Avondale Vets
Independent Vetcare Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We, Independent Vetcare Limited, aim to provide the highest standards of veterinary care. These are the terms on which we, Independent Vetcare Limited (trading as [INSERT TRADING NAME OF VET PRACTICE]), supply veterinary services and related products to you. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all supplies of Veterinary Services and Products by us to you to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Please note that some aspects of these Terms may not be relevant to you and we suggest you ask for further clarification from us if required.
1. Supply of Veterinary Services
- We shall ensure that all Veterinary Services are supplied by suitably qualified staff, taking into account the nature of the Veterinary Service to be supplied in each
- Wherever practicable and on your request, a treatment plan for the supply of Veterinary Services will normally be agreed with you following an initial consultation and in advance of any further treatment. This treatment plan will provide an estimate regarding the likely costs of the course of treatment in such plan. In an emergency we reserve the right to provide such Veterinary Services as are reasonably necessary, in the professional judgement of the veterinary surgeon providing the Veterinary Services or other IVC staff, without first agreeing a treatment
- Please note that any estimate given can only be an approximation of the costs of any treatment required. If our original estimate looks as if it will be exceeded, then the Veterinary Surgeon responsible for providing the Veterinary Services will discuss any increased fees with you before any further procedures are undertaken (save in the event of an emergency and at the professional discretion of the relevant Veterinary Surgeon acting in the best interest of your pet).
- We will endeavour to provide veterinary services in accordance with reasonable standards denoted by the RCVS guidelines for practice standards and the professional conduct of veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses. All Veterinary Services shall be supplied in accordance with normal professional
- Veterinary Services shall be supplied during our normal business hours (these may change from time to time, the current opening hours of the [INSERT NAME OF CLINIC/SURGERY] can be found on our website at INSERT WEBSITE FOR RELEVANT CLINIC/SURGERY). At our discretion we may arrange for Veterinary Services to be supplied at various locations and at other times. In an emergency a veterinary surgeon will see you outside these opening hours, but this service will carry an extra
- We reserve the right to decline to supply Veterinary Services at our discretion. You are free at all times at your cost and subject to the payment obligations in these terms and conditions, to seek a second opinion on or concerning any Veterinary Services
2. Supply of Products
- In the event of any defect or failure in any Product our liability to you shall be restricted to replacing the Product or refunding the price paid by you for the
- You acknowledge and agree that all Products must only be used in accordance with the instructions supplied with them or issued orally by the Veterinary Surgeon providing the Veterinary Services or other of our staff. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of any Product, you should consult the Veterinary Surgeon providing the Veterinary Services or other of our staff for
- Any Products supplied by us shall be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose expressly agreed by the Veterinary Surgeon providing the Veterinary Services or other of our staff and shall comply with any description given. All other warranties, expressed or implied, are hereby
- All Veterinary Services and Products provided by us shall be charged to you in accordance with our then current price list, a copy of which is available on request and which is subject to change without notice. If you have any question as regards the level of charge that will be incurred you should consult the Veterinary Surgeon in charge of your pet’s treatment or his staff for
- Our normal practice is for payment to be made in full by you at the time the Veterinary Services or the Products are supplied, either at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your pet or upon collection of the Products. All invoices must be settled in full on receipt of the invoice. We may at our absolute discretion agree that you may delay payment of an invoice pending recovery of the sum from your insurer for such reasonable period as we may agree in writing. You remain liable in full for all invoices and all sums shall become due and payable in full by you at the end of this extended payment period irrespective of whether your insurer has made payment to
- We accept direct insurance claims at the discretion of our Practice Manager. A direct insurance claim is one where you do not pay us; rather we claim the money directly from the insurance company. We may charge a direct insurance claim administration fee. In the event that all or any part of the insurance claim is not paid by your insurance company for any reason you will be liable for the outstanding
- We may refer overdue accounts to our debt collection agency.
- In the event that any invoice or other sum owed by you is not paid when due then, without prejudice to any other remedies available to us, we may at any time:
- add additional charge(s) to your outstanding account in order to recover fees and costs in connection with the collection of the sum owed (including but not limited to administrative costs and debt collection agency fees); and
- issue notice to you that no further Veterinary Services and/or Products will be supplied to
- All prices quoted are quoted exclusive of value added tax or other indirect taxes, duties or levies which shall be added as appropriate.
- If you are unable to pay for the Veterinary Services we are only obliged to fulfil our minimum legal responsibilities and professional obligations in respect of your
- We carry professional indemnity insurance in the sum of £● [£150,000 for criminal or disciplinary action, £5m per claim for human injury, £250,000 domestic pet] ("Insured Sum") for any single claim. We supply Veterinary Services and Products to you on the condition that our liability for any loss, claim, cost or expense arising out said supply shall not exceed and shall be limited to a maximum of the Insured
- If you wish us to assume a level of liability greater than the Insured Sum then we shall so agree on condition that:
- you so request in writing; and
- we are able to obtain insurance cover for said higher level of liability; and
- the you pay in advance to us the additional premium incurred by us in respect of the additional
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall:
- exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused to a human being;
- render us liable for any indirect or consequential loss (including, but not restricted to, loss of profit or loss of savings) which liability shall be excluded to the maximum extent permitted by
- It is our intention that all our clients should be satisfied with the Veterinary Services and any Products supplied. In the event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Veterinary Services or Products supplied by us or its staff, in the first instance you should contact the Clinical Director or Practice Manager to discuss your concerns and he shall endeavour to address any issues
- If you remain dissatisfied, then please refer to our complaints policy, we can provide you with further details at the practice or on our
- In the case of a complaint, we may share your information with our insurers or our indemnity providers or other professional advisors if we believe that this will enable us to resolve your complaint more effectively.
6. Pet Insurance
- We may advocate pet insurance, but any contract of insurance is between you and your insurer. Please ensure that you refer to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
7. Data Protection
- We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide the Veterinary Services and Products;
- process your payments for the Veterinary Services and Products; and
- inform you about the products and services that we or selected third parties provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting
- In order to provide the services above, we use selected third parties to process your data. More information about third party processing can be requested from your practice or from the data protection office at Independent Vetcare Limited, The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, BS31 2AU.
- No alteration may be made to these terms and conditions without our express written consent. We may update or amend these terms and conditions at any time by placing a notice to that effect in our
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, without prejudice to our right to seek recovery of any sum due by you before any complaint
- The care given to your pet may involve making some specific investigations, for example taking radiographs or performing ultrasound or MRI scans. Case records including x-rays and ultrasound or MRI scans are the property of, and shall be retained by, us. Copies with a summary of the history of any patient can be passed to another veterinary surgeon taking over a case, on written request to us and upon settlement in full of all sums due to us in respect of such patient’s treatment by
- When you request a repeat prescription for your pet we can only supply the medication if:
- the Veterinary Surgeon caring for your pet has authorised the repeat prescription;
- your pet has been seen by one of our Veterinary surgeons within the last 6
There will be a charge for such repeat prescription to cover the time, responsibility and professional insurance costs involved.
- We are a company registered in **Region**. Our company registration number is 07746795 and our registered office is at **Region address**. Our registered VAT number is 115 1416 58. If you have any questions please contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at Independent Vetcare Limited, The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU, or telephone 01225 481520, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of Hours Emergency Large Animal 07801497140
Avondale Vets - Farm Animals Opening Hours
Farm and Equine
Our normal office hours for the farm and equine departments are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The main surgery is open 8am to 7pm Mon-Fri and 8.30am to 12 noon Saturday to collect drugs or make an appointment please telephone 01357 520251.