Farm Animals - Avondale Vets
Avondale Veterinary Group have 4 dedicated farm animal vets who provide a 24 hour service for the farming community of Lanarkshire 365 days a year.
Our aim is to help farms improve their efficiency in production by encouraging herd health planning whilst caring for the individual sick animal.
The farm team contains AHDB mentors in mastitis and lameness, as well as BCVA accredited Johnes advisors.
Some of the services provided are:
- Ultrasound pregnancy diagnosis and fertility investigation.
- Foot trimming, both preventative and therapeutic
- Mastitis and milk quality investigation.
- Herd Health Planning.
- Blood sampling for the Premium Cattle Health Scheme and Premium Sheep and Goat Health Schemes.
- Livestock and product export certification.
- In house parasitology for internal and external parasites
- Locomotion scoring.
- Body condition scoring and dietary analysis and advice.
- Metabolic profiling of cattle and sheep in conjunction with the Dairy Herd Health and Production Service (DHHPS) from Edinburgh Vet School.
- Dehorning and castrating.
- DEFRA routine testing.
- Surgery on sheep, cattle, goats, pigs and alpacas.
Whilst serving clients with the day to day practical services required from their vet. Avondale Vet Group utilise specialist software such as VetImpress and Interherd+ to gather, interpret and advise in a modern and personalised manner.
Out of Hours Emergency Large Animal 07801497140
Avondale Vets - Farm Animals Opening Hours
Farm and Equine
Our normal office hours for the farm and equine departments are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The main surgery is open 8am to 7pm Mon-Fri and 8.30am to 12 noon Saturday to collect drugs or make an appointment please telephone 01357 520251.